Coronaviruses (Covid-19) are a family of viruses that commonly cause mild respiratory illness throughout the year—otherwise referred to as the common cold. Almost everyone has been infected with a coronavirus, often without knowing it.In December 2019, a new type of cor
Coronaviruses (Covid-19) are a family of viruses that commonly cause mild respiratory illness throughout the year—otherwise referred to as the common cold. Almost everyone has been infected with a coronavirus, often without knowing it.
In December 2019, a new type of coronavirus called SARSCOVID2 was recognized in sick persons, linked to a wildlife market. And rapidly spread across the globe, affecting people in almost every country now. The new coronavirus is the cause of infection called Covid-19.
THE SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19
The vast majority of people who develop COVID-19 infection have mild symptoms that usually include dry cough, fever, and muscle aches; and recover completely after about a week.
We think even a larger group of people who get infected never develop any symptoms but may still infect others. So although our risk of getting seriously ill is very low with coronavirus, certain people who get covered 19 may have a severe or even life-threatening illness. If we do not take urgent actions, many people get infected, and many people will need care in hospitals that may quickly overwhelm health services.
Our collective responsibility is to protect each other by slowing the spread of coronavirus in our communities and conserving masks and gloves for health care workers to use when they look after sick people. This is a collective responsibility that falls on every individual.
HOW DOES IT SPREAD?
The main way in which COVID-19 spreads is when people who are infected cough or sneeze, producing droplets containing the virus. The virus can survive on surfaces for over a day, and when somebody else comes along and touches those surfaces with their hand and then touch your eyes, nose, or mouth, you may then become infected.
You may also be infected directly by someone with COVID-19 if you are very close to them. One and a half meters or closer when they’re sneeze or cough, and then they breathe in the particles that are produced containing the virus and becoming infected.
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS
The best ways to protect yourself and others are;
- First, regularly wash your hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub for 20 seconds to kill any virus on your hands. Wearing gloves does not provide additional protection and may even put you at higher risk because the virus remains on plastic for many hours.
- Secondly, stop touching your face and, very importantly, distance yourself from other people, respecting the lockdown that our president announced.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP?
The most effective thing you can do to protect yourself and others is to stay at home. Only go out to buy essential items like food and medicine. Connect with other people using social media. Cancel face-to-face meetings, stop all physical contact with other people, accept the close family you’re living with.
WHAT TO DO, IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE COVID-19?
If you do get sick and you’re worried you have COVID-19, then call the Department of Health hotline if you need testing. Do not leave your house unless you need medical attention. Make contact with the hotline or your doctor if you become short of breath or if you are worried about any of your other symptoms for advice about how to get help.
- CoronaVirus: We can’t go back to ‘normal’: Dr. Anthony …. https://groundreport.in/dr-anthony-fauci-on-normalcy-after-coronavirus-ends/
- More than half of Mumbai’s slum residents might have had …. https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/more-than-half-of-mumbai-s-slum-residents-might-have-had-covid-19-here-s-why-herd-immunity-could-still-be-a-long-way-off/ar-BB17TrwO
- Georgia man says controversial malaria drug helped him …. https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/georgia-man-says-controversial-malaria-drug-helped-him-beat-covid-19
- Protect your family with Centurion Systems PEMF therapy …. https://www.centurionsystems.us/
- Zamboanga City mayor concerned over increased crowd …. https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/05/20/20/zamboanga-city-mayor-concerned-over-increased-crowd-traffic-on-first-few-days-of-gcq
- Fighting Coronavirus: When and how to self-quarantine. https://www.summahealth.org/flourish/entries/2020/03/fighting-coronavirus-when-and-how-to-self-quarantine